Managed Home Networking (MHN)
Benu Networks’ Virtual Service Edge (VSE) platform for residential applications moves the service and business logic of the customer premise equipment to a virtual instance in the operator’s core network or data center. This architecture creates a flexible and agile way to deliver services and provide policy control at a home and device level. The VSE platform enables rapid service deployment, dynamically scales up or down, and increases customer care responsiveness. The virtualized architecture allows service providers to leverage managed cloud service delivery and seamlessly stitch these services to the Internet of Things (IoT) in the home.
The VSE delivers unmatched scalability and service agility for Managed Home services that can be dynamically right-sized based on service plan and device usage. Benu Networks’ Managed Home solution enables compelling services such as parental controls, cloud storage, data analytics, and enhanced customer care.
Smart Home Use Cases
Policy Management-Inside House
- Sharing household byte cap per username/per device
- Service Provider can apply QOS policy per user/per device
- Service Provider can apply policy to services such as gaming, and TV inside home network to guarantee optimal quality.
Policy Management-Outside House
- Ability to provide home policy across outdoor, SMB and venue environment
- Ability to provide home policy while connected to visited home hotspot
- Ability to provide home policy while connected to visited private home network
- Network Managed Security profiles and protect users both inside home and outside home with Service Provider network.
- Ability to enroll user for a particular services based on policy set in the network
- Ability to add/delete/modify services (e.g. parental control) in the network
- Ability to identify device at home and bypass network authentication
- Ability to remember the device at home and auto-authenticate when it connects to Service Provider Wi-Fi