Position: Systems/Sales Engineer
Reporting to: VP of Sales
Preferred location: EU – Germany, Benelux, UK Preferred
Founded in 2010 by industry leaders, Benu Networks arose from the realization that the current network infrastructure was stifling innovation. We made it our mission to make it easy to create and rapidly deliver quality digital experiences, whether that’s AR, VR, or simply having access to efficient, fast internet.
Benu Networks is a leading software and solutions provider, simplifying the edge. With a comprehensive set of products and innovative solutions, Benu Networks delivers solutions to instantly transform legacy networks, elastically manage services, and carve the path to 5G.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF THIS ROLE
Provides technical expertise in the sales process to maintain existing customer accounts and develop new sales leads and business for the Company.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS*
- Deliver Benu product and solution presentations to existing and prospective customers
- Conduct Benu solution demonstrations
- Provide hands-on presale consulting and support during trials and proof-of-concepts
- Be the post-sales customer advocate for prioritizing requirements, ticket management and defect resolution
- Create High-Level/Low-Level networking designs of the Benu solutions into existing and prospective customer networks
- Assist in the response of RFPs and RFI’s
- Develop long-term relationships with customers while managing and interpreting their requirements
- Support marketing activities by attending trade shows, conferences and other marketing events
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong presentation and organization skills.
- Strong consultative technical sales skills.
- Strategic thinker; problem solver.
- Self-starter; entrepreneurial mindset.
- Detail oriented.
PREPARATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent technical experience required.
- Minimum 5 years telecommunications/technology experience with significant experience in a customer facing role.
- Proven experience selling to large service providers (carrier, cable, mobility).
- Experience working in a test lab at service providers, setting up and demonstrating products, building proof-of-concepts and managing trials.
- Ability to work across various functional teams internally and externally.
- Technical expertise in the following areas preferred: knowledge of L3 IP networking and associated protocols (TCP/IP), virtualized operating environments, NFV, RADIUS, customer premise equipment, DOCSIS, network security, OSS/BSS functions.
- In depth knowledge of L2 aggregation techniques and L3 IP Networking and associated protocols (TCP/IP, BGP, IS-IS, OSPF, B-RAS (DHCP, RADIUS), IPv6, Multicast, QoS, Tunneling)
- Experience with Service Provider networks using Broadband Network Gateway (BNG), Wireless Access Gateway (WAG), SASE/SDWAN, & Managed WiFi solutions.
- Working knowledge of Linux and virtual machine technology (hypervisor and containers) for SDN/NFV and microservices based cloud architectures
- Familiarity with wired and wireless access infrastructures with knowledge of broadband internet, evolved packet core and 5G network standards and architectures.
- Knowledge of IEEE 802.1 standards
- Familiarity with AWS, Azure, GCP, Red Hat Open Shift, VMWare Tanzu and other cloud-native networking platforms
- This position does not require any supervisory responsibilities.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Normal office environment.
- Requires occasional travel to customer and partner sites across the defined region.
- While performing the duties of this job, sitting is regularly required for long periods of time. The job frequently requires speaking or hearing. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. This job requires frequent computer monitor use and moderate to heavy keyboard use.
Applicants, as well as position incumbents, who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.
Benu Networks is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity. Applicants for employment and employees are reviewed on their individual qualifications for a position. Under no circumstances will Benu Networks discriminate against qualified persons on the basis of race, color, religious creed, retaliation, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, disability, mental illness, genetics, choice of health insurance, marital status, age, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable law.