Senior Information Technology Engineer
Benu Networks is seeking a Senior IT Engineer to ensure the reliability and operation of various computing systems such as Linux, Windows, and Apple OSx. Prior experience with Google G Suite, Firewalls, networking, and VMware ESXi is highly desirable including exposure to administering AWS. The Senior IT Engineer will also perform administrative tasks that include system patching, application patching, systems maintenance, and vendor escalation.
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming inquiries related to computer systems, software, hardware, networking, firewall, printers, and VoIP phones
- Walk through problem-solving process with staff both local and remote, as well as respond via Jira, Slack, email and phone
- Run diagnostic programs and find resolutions to problems
- Document processes and procedures, including troubleshooting steps, and ability to write documentation for end users
- Identify problem areas or ongoing issues and relay to management and team
- Develop automation, tools and other process efficiencies
- Operation and support for other tools that include, but are not limited to, VMware ESXi, G Suite Admin, Linux, Active Directory, NIS, LDAP, or other tools
Qualifications and Skills
- 5+ years’ experience directly supporting various systems including Linux, Windows, ESXi, Firewalls, and networking, in addition to troubleshooting and problem resolution
- Operating Systems including Linux (CentOS, Ubuntu) Windows, OSx and Virtual Machines – Optimization and troubleshooting
- Networking concepts, including DNS, DHCP, iSCSI, and VLAN
- Active Directory, NIS and LDAP
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with a team
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- Strong organizational skills, problem solving skills and detail orientation
- Strong customer service skills with high concern for customer satisfaction
- Cloud experience is a plus
Applicants, as well as position incumbents, who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.
Benu Networks is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity. Applicants for employment and employees are reviewed on their individual qualifications for a position. Under no circumstances will Benu Networks discriminate against qualified persons on the basis of race, color, religious creed, retaliation, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, disability, mental illness, genetics, choice of health insurance, marital status, age, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable law.