Position Title: Sales Engineer, Europe – Multiple Positions Available
Position Title: Sales Engineer, Europe (Multiple Positions Available) FLSA: Exempt Date: August 2018
Reports to: General Manager, EMEAI
GENERAL SUMMARY: Provides technical expertise in the sales process to maintain existing customer accounts, and develops new sales leads and business for the company.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Coordinates and assists sales activities associated with the evaluation of Benu Networks’ products, solutions, and services.
- Directs high-touch engagements with Benu Networks’ sales opportunities to ensure closure of customer requested proposals.
- Maintains a clear understanding and ability to articulate the company’s value propositions relative to our space and Wi-Fi offerings.
- Drives the technical sales process from initial customer qualification, through lab proof of concept, field trial, and finally deployment.
- Works with peers within customer and partner organizations to position Benu Networks’ products and solutions, identify new opportunities, develop innovative solutions to problems, evangelize Benu Networks’ vision, and identify key product requirements.
- Analyzes and understands complex market and technical requirements, and effectively communicates product specifications to external parties.
- Makes sales contacts, identifies customer needs, and develops application of Benu Networks’ solutions.
- Develops and delivers sales presentations, and closes sales.
- Participates in sales forecasting and planning.
- Participates in the development of new products and services, modification of existing products and services, and the termination of ineffective products and services.
- Manages assigned sales quota.
- Develops and maintains communications in a collaborative and professional manner with all customers.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong presentation and organization skills
- Strong consultative technical sales skills
- Strategic thinker; problem solver
- Self-starter; entrepreneurial mindset
- Assertive and detail oriented
PREPARATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent technical experience required
- Minimum 8 years of telecommunications/technology experience with significant experience in a customer facing role driving the technical sales process
- Proven experience selling to large service providers (carrier, cable, mobility)
- Experience working in a test lab at a service provider’s facility, setting up and demonstrating products
- Track record of success relative to customer facing activities
- Knowledge of SDN and NFV concepts and technologies
- Ability to work across various teams
- Technical expertise in the following areas preferred: knowledge of L3 IP networking and associated protocols (TCP/IP), virtualized operating environments, NFV, RADIUS, customer premise equipment, DOCSIS, network security, and OSS/BSS functions
- This position does not require any supervisory responsibilities.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Normal office environment
- Requires travel to customer and partner sites across Europe, expected travel ~50%.
- While performing the duties of this job, sitting is regularly required for long periods of time. The job frequently requires speaking or hearing. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. This job requires frequent computer monitor use and moderate to heavy keyboard use.
Click here to send Benu Networks your resume.