Position Title: Senior Systems Administrator
Location: USA/Billerica, MA
Position Title: Senior Systems Administrator FLSA: Exempt Date: March 2018
Reports to: Director of IT
GENERAL SUMMARY: This position is responsible for system maintenance, server deployments, upgrades, security of the overall infrastructure and support for all users both on-site and remote.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Analyzes, designs, and implements the integrity, performance and security of all servers, systems, and networks.
- Manages virtual infrastructures consisting of VMware, Openstack, and VirtualBox.
- Performs systems software upgrades and patches for all SW and HW components.
- Microsoft Windows Server and Client Administration – Active Directory, GPO’s, Domains, DNS, Office Products.
- Monitors and troubleshoots Antivirus and Malware issues (Sophos preferred).
- Supports and installs Windows, Linux and Mac Operating Systems.
- Manages Google G Suite Applications.
- Performs backups and ensure recoverability of servers and data.
PREPARATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in systems and network administration.’
- High level of expertise with VMware.
- Strong knowledge of Storage Technologies – ISCSI, NFS, SAN, NAS, RAID Levels.
- Experience in server and network monitoring with notification.
- Strong technical knowledge of servers, networks, DNS, and telecommunications.
- Strong knowledge of Firewalls and Security (Palo Alto preferred).
- Good understanding of fundamental TCP/IP concepts.
- Capable of troubleshooting networking issues.
- Strong organizational and documentation skills.
- Capable of multitasking in a fast past environment.
- This position does not require any supervisory responsibilities.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Ability to lift up-to 50 pounds.
- Typical business hours and some requirements for occasional evening and weekend work.
Click here to send Benu Networks your resume.
Benu Networks is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity. Applicants for employment and employees are reviewed on their individual qualifications for a position. Under no circumstances will Benu Networks discriminate against qualified persons on the basis of race, color, religious creed, retaliation, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, disability, mental illness, genetics, marital status, age, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable law.