Position Title: Senior Engineering Services Support
Location: USA/Billerica, MA
Position Title: Senior Engineering Services Support FLSA: Exempt Date: Sept. 2018
Reports to: Director of IT
GENERAL SUMMARY: This position is responsible for system maintenance, server deployments, upgrades, security of the overall infrastructure, and support for all users both on-site and remote.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Analyzes, designs, and implements the integrity, performance and security of all servers, systems, and networks.
- Manages virtual infrastructures consisting of VMware, Openstack, in addition to cloud-based resources.
- Performs systems software upgrades and patches for all software and hardware components.
- Microsoft Windows Server and Client Administration – Active Directory, GPO’s, Domains, DNS, Office Products.
- Monitors and troubleshoots antivirus and malware issues (Sophos preferred).
- Supports and installs Windows, Linux, and Mac Operating Systems.
- Performs backups and ensures recoverability of servers and data.
PREPARATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in systems and network administration
- High level of expertise with VMware and/or Openstack
- Strong knowledge of storage technologies
- Experience in server and network monitoring with notification
- Strong technical knowledge of servers, networks, DNS, and DHCP
- Strong knowledge of firewalls and security (Palo Alto preferred)
- Good understanding of fundamental TCP/IP concepts
- Capable of troubleshooting networking issues
- Strong organizational and documentation skills
- Capable of multitasking in a fast past environment
- This position does not require any supervisory responsibilities.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Ability to lift up-to 40 pounds.
- Typical business hours and some requirements for occasional evening and weekend work.
Click here to send Benu Networks your resume.
Benu Networks is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity. Applicants for employment and employees are reviewed on their individual qualifications for a position. Under no circumstances will Benu Networks discriminate against qualified persons on the basis of race, color, religious creed, retaliation, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, disability, mental illness, genetics, marital status, age, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable law.
Applicants, as well as position incumbents, who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.